Monday, April 07, 2014

Shadowfax - The Lord of all Horses - Now Running free in the Undying Lands...


I had to share this...

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2014/04/06/88420-in-memory-of-shadowfax/

It moved me deeply...

Only the day before, I had taken my son out on our usual small motorcycle ride together, which normally takes about an hour or so... this time I had a feeling, flipped up my visor and leaned back and shouted over the wind roar: "Its a three day ride to Minas Tirith"...

"OK!" he shouted back... our one hour ride turned into five, as we did a big loop; over Paekakariki Hill Road, across Haywards Hill, up SH2 and over the Rimutakas, on up to Pahiatua and over the Pahiatua track; skirting the south side of Palmy, back along past Massey, through Shannon, past Levin and back on home to P'ram.

For the day, I'd been 'Gandalf' with my son 'Pippin' behind me, riding 'Shadoxfax', my old Harley...

We'd had a great day, smiles all round, though numb bums at the end of it...

We rode that day in your honour Shadowfax (Blanco)...

Run free now, Lord of all Horses... in the Undying Lands...



RIP - Blanco



12 comments:

  1. Well I wasn't expecting that first up this morning, deeply moving and such a wonderful and personal tribute from the two of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blimey, are you trying to make us all cry.

    It always amazes me the connection a human can have with any animal, I know we anthropromorphise animals however that does not explain how connected you can feel to a living thing that is other than human.

    Its also amazing the little moments of inspiration you can have with your children that on the face of it are simple little things but can mean the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fitting tribute from you and your son.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all for your empathy... what makes it a little closer to home is, I've seen Blanco while he was on a festival show at my Kids school a couple of years ago. Fine looking beast he was, ridden by a lady dressed like an elf, made a wonderful scene at the school... sadly then I'd forgotten my camera and didn't get a chance to take any pictures...

    In my time, I've lost the typical small domestic pets, and their parting is tough to bare. What it must be like to lose an animal/friend/companion, like a horse, that you are so close to, I can only guess...

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...Of course, I now feel rather compelled to get Gandalf the White on Shadowfax, moved up the painting queue...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your post inspired me to paint my own Shadowfax. http://hitstokill.blogspot.co.nz/2014/04/painting-table-saturday-23-shadowfax.html

      Delete
  6. The tribute video to Blanco can be watched here:
    http://www.gofundme.com/7yljv4

    Thank you for all the condolences. Every one eases the pain just a little ~ Cynthia Royal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment Cynthia. I'm sure all the fans thoughts are with you. Kind regards Scott Bowman

      Delete
    2. Ah Jeez, I followed the video link above... and just as it started playing, 'These Dreams' by Heart came on the radio... couldn't help bubbling up...

      Delete

Please feel free to comment on my blog. It is always nice to get feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...